IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to mass clone fields from a Custom or Standard Object. It would be tedious job to copy each field one by one using Salesforce Standard process. These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this appexchange tool called Salesforce Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC).
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Cloning fields:
1. Supports all field types
2. Multiple fields of Source object can be clonned to Target object
2. Each field attributes or properties are clonned
3. Field Permissions for each field at all profiles are also clonned
4. Easy, Simple, Clickable process to clone fields
Few Simple Steps to Clone Multiple Custom Fields in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Bulk Field Clone”.
2. It will open below screen for BOFC Clone Fields.
3. Select the “Source & Target object” from the drop down & Click “Fetch Source Object Fields” button to display all the fields of a selected source object.
For ex: Source Object: Company
Target Object : TestingNew
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- User can filter source fields on the basis of Field Names
- User can filter source fields on the basis of Field Types
- Pagination – This page has a pagination if count of fields is more than 80. Each page shows 80 fields. User can use “>” or “<” or “<<” or “>>” buttons to navigate on other pages.
- User can select source fields by checking checkboxes infront of each row
- Total Field Count on page & Selected field count (for clone)
- Button “Clone Fields to Target Object” – On clicking this button, it will clone all the selected source fields to target object
4. Select the Fields which you want clone by selecting checkbox infront of each row.
5. Once source fields are selected, Click “Clone Fields to Target Object” button to Clone fields from Source Object to Target Object.
6. Once the Clone action is completed, it will show “Success or Error” status message infront of each row.
All the field attributes like (label, api name, description, help text, etc) are clonned and also fields permissions are clonned for each profiles.
Click the below mentioned link for BOFC Free Trial: