When a Prospect (or Lead) is converted in Sales Process, it is converted to Account, Contact and Opportunity. This process is performed manually on each Lead record by clicking “Convert” button at lead level, which is a time-consuming and a monotonous job for Salesforce developers and admins.
In order to convert 100 or 200 or 500 leads, such requests require a couple of days of effort.
Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) is a native Force.com app designed to help you overcome the above situation. BOFC can easily convert mass number of Leads in few simple clicks.
BOFC application can convert 500+ Lead records in just 10-15 minutes. This would help users save time, reduce manual effort and increase productivity. BOFC application has a simple user interface which is extremely self-explanatory and easy to use.
Major Features for Bulk Lead Conversion includes:
- Mass Convert Lead records using Standard Lead Conversion mapping in few clicks
- User can filter leads using Standard Report, XLS or CSV. or direct
- Supports CSV, XLS, and XLSX Format- Drag Drop a CSV or XLS or XLSX files which contains a list of lead records
- User can choose option to either “Create new account” or “Assign lead to existing account”
- User can choose option to either Create or Skip opportunity creation.
- User can choose option to choose Lead Owner for single or multiple leads
- Error And Validation Support- Application effectively guides user in lead conversion and provide error description.
- Columns are enabled or disabled depending upon option selected
Steps to Convert Mass number of leads in few clicks:
1. Goto BOFC Application and open “Bulk Lead Conversion” page
2. It will open this page for Lead conversion
Here user can view “Leads which are not converted” using 3 options:
- Use Salesforce Standard Report: In this option, if a user has a salesforce report of leads which are NOT converted, then they can directly use the report ID or report name and fetch those leads. (make sure first column of report is “Lead ID”. Check this sample screenshot.
Once this option is selected, it will enable below option to enter Report ID or name on lead conversion page
- Import Lead IDs using XLS file: In this option, user can upload lead IDs using a pre-formated xls or csv template. User can download template and then can upload its lead file once ready.
- Show All Leads which are not converted: In this option, system will display all the leads which are not converted in the order of Lead name.
3. Once any of above three options is selected (as briefed in step 2), it will display below screen with Lead records which are not converted.
Above image has few features (each number has its description as below):
- User needs to select lead rows once all the mandatory fields are filled
- This column display the status for lead conversion
- Lead columns (Lead name and Company)
- User can avoid creating new account and can attach lead to existing account.
- User can create request for new account at lead conversion
- Creating Opportunity is Optional. If selected, it will create opportunity at the time of lead conversion.
- If “New Opportunity” is checked, then Opportunity name field is enabled, otherwise it will be disabled.
- Pagination: Each page shows 80 lead records. User can navigate to next or previous or first or last pages using this navigation
- When lead is converted, lead fields are mapped to Account, Contact and Opportunity fields. In order to review or modify field mappings, click this button and it will display the Standard Lead mapping page.
- Once user has selected the lead rows, it can click “Convert Bulk Leads using Standard Conversion” button to convert all the selected lead rows
- Help for this page: This link will open the Step by Step documentation for mass converting lead records.
4. Select lead rows & verify all the details in required columns or remove error(if any).
5. Click “Convert Bulk Leads using Standard Conversion” button to convert selected lead row records.
6. Once the convert action is completed, it will show “Success or Error” status message in-front of each row.
- Green means – Lead row converted successfully
- Red means – Lead row error out with some error message
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.salesforcebofc.com/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.