For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to perform below actions for single or multiple objects for multiple profiles:
Update Field Permissions (using XLS) for multiple profiles and for multiple objects
– For a developer, managing field permissions actions for single or multiple objects in Salesforce is a tedious and time taking job. User would have to open each field profiles one by one for an object using Salesforce Standard process. These type of work requests would take much more effort and time, but with our Salesforce AppExchange Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) App user can Update field permissions for multiple objects and for multiple profiles within same Salesforce org in few clicks.
Benefits of using BOFC Application:
- Works for any kind of object (Standard or Custom)
- User can Update Field permissions for single or multiple objects in single click
- User can update field permissions using XLS for multiple objects
- Simple drag & drop UI
Few Simple Steps to UPDATE Field Permissions:
1. Open the BOFC Home > Goto Field Permissions Section & click “Bulk Update Field Permissions”
2. It will open below screen for Field Permissions. Select “Update Field Permissions” as “action type” from the radio buttons
3. Once update is selected, it will show below screen:
Please select single or multiple objects, and select single or multiple profiles. Once done then click on “Click to Initiate Export (as xls)” button.
4. Please don’t refresh your page, until status is changed to “Completed”
Once it is completed, it will show below screen
Click on Download link as per above image and your file for field permissions is ready for download for multiple objects.
5. So we are done till Step 3. Now only update part is left. User can open the file which is exported in last step.
Few pointers to note down:
- Each Object has its own tab in same excel sheet
- Each Profile has two columns. One for Edit and One for Read
- GREEN colour represents TRUE and ORANGE colour represents FALSE
User can modify the field permissions in the same file and can save it.
6. Now Upload your updated file on BOFC Field Permission page as highlighted in STEP 4
On upload, it will show below screen
Now select your field row (single or multiple) and click “Update Field Permissions”. You are DONE.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.salesforcebofc.com/#contact-frm or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.